A Cranberry Orange Bread That You’ll Want To Make This Holiday
During the holiday season, there’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cranberry orange bread wafting through the house. This delightful treat is not only delicious but also brings a festive touch to any gathering. Whether enjoyed as a breakfast dish, a snack, or a dessert, cranberry orange bread is a crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress your guests.
One of the best things about cranberry orange bread is its versatility. You can serve it as is, warm from the oven, or get creative with different serving suggestions. For a simple yet elegant presentation, slice the bread and serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar. The sweet-tart flavors of cranberry and orange are perfectly balanced, making this bread a standout on its own.
If you want to take it up a notch, consider serving the cranberry orange bread with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The creamy accompaniments add a touch of richness and make this bread feel even more indulgent. Another option is to serve it with a spread of cream cheese, which complements the flavors beautifully.
With its vibrant colors and delightful flavors, this cranberry orange bread is a must-have for the holiday season. The slight tanginess of the cranberries combined with the citrusy notes of orange make each bite a burst of freshness. Plus, by making it slightly healthier with the addition of whole wheat flour and reduced sugar, you can enjoy this treat guilt-free.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to bake a cranberry orange bread that will become a holiday favorite for years to come. Happy baking!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, applesauce, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.