The Coziest Butternut Squash Soup Recipe That’s Super Healthy
During the fall season, soups become a popular choice for warming up and enjoying a cozy meal. One such comforting and nutritious option is a butternut squash soup. Not only does it offer a delicious taste, but it also provides a range of health benefits.
Butternut squash is a nutrient powerhouse, rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent source of vitamin A, which promotes good vision, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Additionally, it contains high levels of vitamin C, which supports collagen production and boosts the immune system.
Enjoy this cozy and nutritious butternut squash soup that not only warms you up but also provides a nourishing boost of vitamins and minerals during the fall season.
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the pot, along with the cumin and cinnamon. Stir well to coat the squash with the spices.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash becomes tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Be cautious while blending hot liquids.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir well.
- Serve the healthy butternut squash soup hot, garnished with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or a dollop of Greek yogurt for added creaminess.
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.