This Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe Is So Good, You’ll Obsess Over It
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy refreshing salads, and there’s no better salad to enjoy during this season than a watermelon feta salad. This dish combines the sweetness of watermelon with the saltiness of feta cheese, creating a flavor explosion in every bite. Not only is this salad delicious and refreshing for summertime, but it’s also incredibly healthy and makes for the perfect side dish for any occasion!
The health benefits of watermelon feta salad
Watermelon is a fantastic source of hydration during the summer months, with it being 92% water. It also contains vitamins C and A, which are great for your skin and immune system. Feta cheese is a good source of protein and calcium, essential to maintaining strong bones. Mint and parsley are both packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. These ingredients work together to create a dish that is not only tasty but also promotes overall health and well-being.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need to make this delicious salad:
- 4 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Begin by washing and cubing the watermelon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, chopped mint leaves, chopped parsley, and chopped red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and gently toss to combine all ingredients.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Try different variations!
While the classic recipe for Watermelon Feta Salad is delicious on its own, there are numerous variations that you can try to mix things up. Adding arugula or spinach could add an extra layer of crunch and bonus nutrition to the dish. You could also try swapping out the feta cheese for goat cheese or adding sliced almonds for a satisfying crunch. And if you’re looking to really add some unique flavor, sliced olives can give this refreshing side dish a classic Mediterranean twist!
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.