This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Is The Appetizer You’ve Been Waiting For
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken dip but looking for a healthier alternative, you’ve come to the right place. This healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe is packed with flavor and protein, making it the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Traditionally, buffalo chicken dip is made with cream cheese, ranch dressing, and mayonnaise, which can be high in saturated fat and calories. In our healthier version, we swap out these ingredients for Greek yogurt and light cream cheese. Greek yogurt is not only a great source of protein but also adds a creamy texture to the dip.
To amp up the protein content even more, we use shredded chicken breast as the base of our dip. You can either cook and shred the chicken yourself or use rotisserie chicken for convenience. Buffalo sauce, made from a combination of hot sauce and butter, gives the dip its signature spicy kick. Look for a reduced-sodium hot sauce to keep the sodium content in check.
To make this healthy buffalo chicken dip even more nutritious, we add in some veggies. Finely chopped celery and carrots provide crunch and freshness to the dip. These veggies also add extra fiber and vitamins to the dish.
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, Greek yogurt, light cream cheese, buffalo sauce, celery, and carrots. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the dip.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the dip is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the healthy buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, carrot sticks, or whole-grain crackers.