A Healthier Apple Cider Sangria Recipe Your Guests Will Love
When it comes to fall gatherings, a refreshing and flavorful drink can seriously elevate your hosting game. This healthier apple cider sangria recipe is the perfect addition to your menu. It’s a delightful blend of seasonal fruits and spices, all soaked in cozy apple cider and wine. Plus, it’s free of added sugars! Whether you’re planning a cozy evening with friends or a festive dinner party, this healthier apple cider sangria will be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 bottle of dry white wine (750 ml)
- 2 cups of unsweetened apple cider
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 1/4 cup of orange liqueur (e.g., Triple Sec)
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 star anise pods
- 1/2 cup of sparkling water (optional, for some fizz)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine the dry white wine, unsweetened fresh apple cider, brandy, and orange liqueur. Stir well to mix the liquids.
- Add the thinly sliced apples and oranges to the pitcher. These fruits will infuse the sangria with their sweet, crisp flavors.
- Drop in a cinnamon stick and a couple of star anise pods. These spices will give your sangria that cozy, autumnal aroma. If you’d like a bit of fizz, pour in the sparkling water and gently stir.
- Refrigerate the sangria for at least two hours, allowing the flavors to meld. You can also leave it overnight for an even deeper infusion of flavors.
- Before serving, add ice cubes to each glass to keep the sangria refreshingly chilled.
- Pour the sugar-free apple cider sangria into your glasses, making sure to include some fruit slices in each serving.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint for a burst of color and aroma.
- Toast to the joys of fall and enjoy your healthier, sugar-free apple cider sangria with friends and loved ones!
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.