This Cozy White Chicken Chili Recipe Is One of Our Fall Favorites
White chicken chili is a comforting and delicious dish that is perfect for the fall season. However, many traditional white chicken chili recipes can be high in calories and saturated fat due to the addition of heavy cream and cheese. Luckily, we have a healthier version of this beloved recipe that keeps those numbers low without sacrificing the flavor.
This healthy white chicken chili is a satisfying and nutritious meal option for those chilly fall evenings. It’s packed with protein from the chicken and white beans, and the spices add a wonderful depth of flavor. Best of all, by keeping the heavy cream and excessive cheese out of the recipe, this version is lighter on the calories and saturated fat.
So next time you’re craving a warm and comforting bowl of chili, give this healthier white chicken chili recipe a try. It’s sure to become a fall favorite in your household!
Remember, moderation is key when enjoying any dish, even a healthier version like this white chicken chili. Enjoy it as part of a balanced diet and savor each spoonful of this cozy and flavorful meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add diced onion, minced garlic, and chopped jalapeno. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add ground cumin, dried oregano, ground coriander, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the pot. Stir well to coat the onion mixture with the spices.
- Add shredded chicken breast, white beans, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the white chicken chili hot, garnished with fresh cilantro. For added flavor and texture, you can top each bowl with sliced avocado, a dollop of Greek yogurt, or a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.