This Fall Harvest Salad Is Our Go-To Fave Seasonal Lunch
Fall is a wonderful time of year when the air becomes crisp and the leaves start changing colors. It’s also a season of bountiful harvests, with an abundance of delicious fruits and vegetables that are perfect for creating a hearty and nutritious fall harvest salad.
When it comes to crafting a fall harvest salad, the options are endless. You can incorporate a variety of seasonal ingredients that not only add flavor and texture but also provide numerous health benefits. Some of the key foods that shine during the fall season include:
- Apples: Crisp and juicy, apples are a quintessential fall fruit. They add a natural sweetness to salads while providing fiber and antioxidants.
- Butternut Squash: Roasted butternut squash adds a rich and creamy texture to salads. It’s packed with vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber.
- Pomegranates: These jewel-like fruits are not only visually stunning but also bursting with antioxidants and vitamin C. The sweet and tangy arils add a delightful pop of flavor to any fall harvest salad.
- Brussels Sprouts: These tiny cabbages are a fall favorite and offer a healthy dose of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. When thinly sliced and lightly roasted, they add a satisfying crunch to salads.
Now that we’ve explored some of the seasonal ingredients, let’s dive into a delicious fall harvest salad recipe:
Fall Harvest Salad Recipe
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, apple slices, roasted butternut squash cubes, pomegranate arils, thinly sliced Brussels sprouts, toasted pumpkin seeds, and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the delightful flavors of this fall harvest salad.
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.