10 Delicious Ways to Eat & Drink Turmeric
Turmeric has been having a moment for a while now—and that’s on top of its long history (we’re talking thousands of years) in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese Medicine. One of the reasons for its longevity? It’s relatively easy to incorporate turmeric into your cooking. This earthy, slightly bitter spice can go sweet or savory — or a little bit of both. Here are 10 delicious turmeric recipes to inspire you.
1. Vegetable Vegan Frittata from The Simple Veganista
This vegan “frittata” uses tofu to create the egg-like base and adds in tons of vegetables (use whatever produce you have that’s about to expire) and plenty of spices to make it substantial and flavorful enough to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Try this warm, comforting drink instead of an afternoon latte. Or make yourself a cuppa at night to prepare yourself for sweet dreams.
3. Golden Milk Ice Cream from Minimalist Baker
Healthy ice cream? Yes, really when it’s made with turmeric and coconut milk.
4. Macro Bowl with Turmeric-Tahini Dressing from Keepin’ it Kind
Tahini pairs wonderfully with turmeric in the dressing for this nutritious macro bowl. Our advice? Make a bunch of the dressing and drizzle it over everything.
5. The Best Tuna Sandwich from Pickled Plum
What’s better than that tangy, crunchy combo of tuna fish, celery, pickles, and mayo? All of the above, plus turmeric. Make a big batch and stuff it in whole wheat pitas with tomato and avocado slices all week.
6. Ginger Turmeric Spiced Spring Carrot Soup from Gourmande in the Kitchen
This comforting soup has a velvety texture and an added benefit: It freezes well.
7. Turmeric Chicken from Budget Bytes
Say so long to boring chicken dinner.
8. Vegetable Curry with Turmeric from Lauren Caris Cooks
Of all the turmeric recipes, this one might be the most versatile. Start by sautéing whatever veggies you have on hand. Next, add turmeric and coconut milk and simmer. Finish with fresh herbs and serve over your grain of choice. Dinner, done!
9. Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie from Downshiftology
It’s nearly smoothie season, right?
10. Smashed Cucumbers with Turmeric, Coconut, and Peanuts from Kitchn
Here’s another harbinger of warmer weather. This recipe starts by blooming turmeric in coconut oil to make a super-flavorful oil that pairs well with the crunch of cukes and peanuts.
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.