By Carrie Havranek
Sheet pan recipes make our lives easier every day of the week. There are so many things you can put on a sheet pan and call it dinner (or breakfast or lunch), and so many ways to make it delicious — and cleanup is just as easy-peasy. Sheet pan meals also tend to be inherently healthy: You’re not deep-frying anything, slathering on super-creamy sauces, or loading up the pan with crazy amounts of cheese. And, unlike other kitchen tools, like, say, an air fryer or Instant pot, which calls for a certain level of investment, both in terms of money and counter space, a sheet pan is totally utilitarian. In fact, chances are you have a sheet pan—or two—in your kitchen right now.
Now’s the time to put your sheet pan to good use, while there’s still enough of a chill in the air that you actually want to turn your oven on. The sky is really the limit when it comes to sheet pan recipes, but we do have some favorites.
We can’t get enough of these recipes—and bet you can’t either.
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinners
Toss a few chicken thighs or breasts on a sheet pan, add some vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put it all in the oven and you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes. Of course, some of these recipes are a tiny bit more involved than that — but not much. The beauty of chicken sheet pan dinners is that your protein and your veggies are often ready at the same time.
- Sheet Pan Italian Chicken from Well Plated by Erin
- Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken from Damn Delicious
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables from The Real Food Dietitians
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli from The Seasoned Mom
- Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel from Amanda Haas Cooks
Steak Sheet Pan Dinners
Steak isn’t just the domain of the grill—it happens to be a great candidate, alongside some roasted veggies and, of course potatoes, for a sheet pan. You’ll want a tender cut of beef that’s still got some fat on it, versus one that’s tougher and needs a low slow braise in the oven to coax out the best texture.
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Steak and Potatoes from The Real Food Dietitians
- Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies from Lexi’s Clean Living
- Steak with Roasted Veggies from The Whole Cook
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas from Feel Good Foodie
- Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli from Damn Delicious
Shrimp & Salmon Sheet Pan Dinners
If fish and seafood are your jam, salmon, and shrimp are two of our favorite proteins for making sheet pan dinners. Both are super-simple to prepare and also super versatile. They pair well with everything from a squeeze of lemon to more unique combinations like blueberries and Brussels sprouts. One of our favorite match-ups? Shrimp or salmon and broccoli for a meal that tastes like takeout, but way better.
- Asian Glazed Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccoli from Completely Delicious
- Roasted Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Sheet Pan Superfood Baked Salmon from Cotter Crunch
- Spicy Thai Sweet Chili Shrimp from Killing Thyme
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Broccoli from Well Plated by Erin
Vegetarian Sheet Pan Dinners
If you’re thinking vegetarian sheet pan dinners are limited to tofu/tempeh/seitan and veggies, think again. And if you haven’t made gnocchi on your sheet pan yet, prepare for your world to be rocked.
- Loaded Veggie Nachos from Cookie & Kate
- Herbed Potato, Asparagus & Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner from The Simple Veganista
- Sheet Pan Tofu Vegetables and Green Beans from Food Heaven Made Easy
- Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Veggies from Kitchn
- Sheet Pan Tempeh & Broccoli from The Full Helping
Sheet Pan Breakfast for Dinner
Breakfast for dinner is always a winner, but especially when you can put it all on one pan—including the eggs.
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash from How Sweet Eats
- Spinach Sheet Pan Quiche from Smitten Kitchen
- Sheet Pan Eggs from Feel Good Foodie
- Yogurt Sheet Pan Pancakes from Skinny Taste
- One Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron