Recipe reprinted with permission from Blissful Basil by Ashley Melillo (BenBella Books, 2016)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or other heat-tolerant oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2–3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari*
- 1–2 tablespoons chile-garlic paste or Sriracha
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Follow the directions to prepare Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Spicy Cauliflower Rice and Avocado Mash.
- Spoon the sweet potatoes and cauliflower into bowls, snuggling them alongside one another. Top with a generous dollop of the avocado mash.
- Refrigerate the leftover cauliflower rice and sweet potatoes in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. The avocado mash is best when fresh.