10 Meat-Free Grilling Recipes We’re Seriously Swooning Over
Published on June 22, 2021
Burgers and hot dogs are great on the grill, but vegetables enjoy just as prominent a place on our grates. The charred goodness that results transforms once delicate produce into something substantial and satiating — all without warming up your kitchen. Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian or just looking for summer grilling inspiration, here are some meat-free grilling recipes to light your fire.
1. Grilled Vegetables from Love and Lemons
What’s more even more #summer than grilled veggies? Grilled veggies on a kebab. Pair with a flavorful sauce like tzatziki, pesto, or Greek dressing and you’ve got a fresh and flavorful side or a meatless main.
2. Grilled Eggplant & Spinach Salad from Salt & Lavender
Smoky grilled eggplant paired with spinach, plenty of fresh herbs and a creamy lemony dressing may be the ideal summer salad.
3. Grilled Artichoke Hearts from Who Needs Salad
Grilled artichokes take some work, but they are absolutely, 100% worth it.
4. Grilled Asparagus with Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, Feta, and Kalamata Olives from Closet Cooking
Up your grilled asparagus game by topping them with roasted red peppers, Kalamata, and feta cheese. Yes, please.
5. Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Vinaigrette from Cooking Canuck
We generally think of sweet potatoes for cooler months, but grilled and tossed with cilantro vinaigrette, they’re the perfect warm weather side.
6. Grilled Romaine Salad with Corn, Fava Beans, and Avocado from Feasting at Home
This summer salad could easily become the main event by adding shrimp, salmon, or chicken.
7. The Best Easy Grilled Vegetables from Foodie Crush
Less of a recipe, more of a technique, this is the place to start if you’re new to grilling veggies.
8. Grilled Fruit Kabobs from Feel Good Foodie
Just try this healthy dessert and you’ll thank us. Bonus: Kids are pretty much guaranteed to love eating anything from a stick.
9. Grilled Eggplant Burgers with Halloumi Cheese from The Kitchn
Anything good is better with halloumi and this Mediterranean cheese is firm enough to hold up on the grill without melting. So you get all the creamy, salty goodness of cheese combined with the smokiness of the grill. Placed atop grilled eggplant and slathered with pesto, it’s a hearty and satisfying break from beef.
10. Spicy Grilled Cauiflower Steaks from Bon Appetit
Forget florets and “rice”—cut cauliflower into slabs and it takes on a knife-and-fork steak-like main-dish quality, especially when you brush it with a spicy mix of chipotles in adobo, garlic and molasses. Serve it with slaw and your other fave BBQ sides and you won’t miss the meat at all.