5 Food Freebies
Whether you’re low on dough or just enjoy a good bargain, it’s fun to get something for nothing. We’ve foraged the web for five freebies that will inspire you to eat cleaner.
- Through thick and thin. One hundred pounds overweight, on steroids and suffering from an autoimmune disease, Joe Cross is Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead—and losing hope. Having tried conventional medicine, Joe trades his junk food for produce. Watch what happens.
- Snack attack. Does it ever feel like you spend your whole paycheck on organic, sustainable groceries? These coupons will help you save on some of your favorite brands. While not all products featured are Clean Plates-approved, you’ll find a variety of independent organic and healthier brands.
- Get the glow. We love celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie. Packed with more than three cups of dark leafy green veggies—more than many people eat in a week—this alkaline drink can energize you and, Snyder’s celeb clients say, help you achieve beauty from the inside out. Grab the recipe here.
- Shop right. Wish you could hire a nutritionist to help you make the best choices at the grocery store? With ShopWell’s Healthy Diet & Grocery Food Scanner, you can scan product barcodes and find out if they’re a match for your needs. Avoid ingredients you don’t want, and get suggestions for healthier foods. ShopWell can also help you manage your weight and conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and gluten intolerance.
- Eat clean. Looking for restaurants with healthier menus? With the Clean Plates app, you can browse our database of dining options for organic and sustainably sourced meats; vegan and vegetarian picks; gluten-free options, and naturally sweetened desserts. Available for NYC, LA and Austin.
Free your mind.
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.