Skip to content
December 5, 2017
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 lbs. carrots, chopped
- 1 lb. sunchokes, chopped
- 4 c. Brooklyn Bouillon Pasture-Raised Chicken Stock or Farm Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch nutmeg
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Garnish: crème fraîche and chives
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sunchokes and stock, and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Carefully transfer contents to a blender and blend until smooth. Return soup to the pot, and stir in heavy cream.
- Season with cayenne, nutmeg, sea salt and white pepper. Garnish with crème fraîche and chives.