You can use zucchini, summer squash, patty-pan squash or a combination in this side dish.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium-large zucchini (1 yellow, 1 green): trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced diagonally
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Place the oil and shallot in a medium skillet over medium low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini slices and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until zucchini is golden-brown is spots and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and mint, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle pistachios on top.