Skip to content
August 15, 2018
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 finely chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped tinned anchovies
- 3 eggs
- Optional: challah bread to serve
- Warm 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet.
- Sauté ½ finely chopped sweet onion over medium heat until caramelized.
- Toss in 2 finely chopped heirloom tomatoes; cook, stirring, until a sauce forms.
- Add 1 Tbsp. chopped tinned anchovies; sauté until anchovies melt into a sauce.
- Fry 3 eggs separately or create 3 wells in the tomato sauce and drop an egg in each well to poach.
- Cover and simmer eggs for about 10 minutes until the whites are no longer translucent.
- Serve with warm challah bread.