Recipe by Ariel Martinez
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup onion
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons seven-grain bread cubes or any other whole-grain unseasoned stuffing
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler. In a large pot, warm the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, peppers, garlic, sage, oregano, and thyme and cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the oats and ½ cup water and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Add bread, salt and pepper and mix well. Broil until crust is golden brown, about 5 minutes.