- 1 cup sprouted short grain brown rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
- Sea salt
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup mirin (rice wine)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 2 mangoes—peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small papaya—peeled, seeded and cubed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small watermelon radish, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, crushed (1 tbsp for each bowl, for garnish and added crunch)
- Toasted wasabi nori sheets, for garnish
- Place rice and water in a medium saucepan. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until all the liquid has absorbed (gently tilt pan to check). Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and fold in ¼ cup rice wine vinegar and the mirin. Toss with sesame and hemp seeds.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining rice wine vinegar with soy sauce. Add in mangoes and papaya and stir.
- Fill each of 4 bowls with about ½ cup rice, a handful of baby spinach, and ¼ cup dressed fruit. Top with watermelon radish.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios and shredded nori sheets. Sprinkle with additional soy sauce, if desired.