Warmed, antioxidant-rich pomegranate-blueberry juice added to gorgeous wedges of ruby plums makes a quick compote that transforms simple grilled chicken breasts into a sensual feast. It pairs well with the Jersey Tomato and Wax Bean Salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed and evenly pounded 1/3-inch thick
- ½ cup unsweetened pomegranate-blueberry juice
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- 4 ripe ruby-flesh plums
- Finely chopped fresh parley, chives or thyme or a mixture
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and a few pinches each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, turning to coat in the mixture.
- In a small pan, bring the pomegranate juice to a simmer; remove from the heat and stir in the honey. Halve and quarter the plums, removing the pits. Cut into medium wedges and add to the warm juice.
- Preheat the grill and grease the grates. Add the chicken breasts, cover and cook, turning once, until nicely marked on both sides and just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates, spoon the plums and juice on top and sprinkle with herbs.