Skip to content
July 4, 2017
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 – 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or another neutral oil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Scrub orange under running water; pat dry.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel three strips from orange. Chop peel; place in a blender or small food processor.
- Halve orange; squeeze out enough juice to reach ¼ cup. (If you don’t get ¼ cup, fill in with cider vinegar.) Add to blender.
- Add miso, 1 teaspoon honey, garlic and ginger to blender. Blend until well mixed. With machine running, drizzle in oil until well blended and emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add more honey if needed for balance. Use right away, or cover and keep, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.