By Lauren Salkeld
Freezing the bananas and coconut milk gives this smoothie its frothy consistency, so there’s no need for ice.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup light coconut milk, frozen until slushy but not rock solid (about 2 hours)
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- In a blender, combine the banana, pumpkin purée, and coconut milk and pulse to combine. Add the honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and blend until thick and smooth. Taste and add more honey as needed. Pour into a glass and serve.