Skip to content
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mustard, shallot, and vinegar together.
- Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Alternatively, place the mustard, shallot, vinegar, and olive oil in a jar and vigorously shake for 30 seconds to 1 minute until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.