Skip to content
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, plus 1 tablespoon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive juice from jar of olives or pickle juice (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 3/4 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup sunflower seeds with 2 tablespoons water and puree until the seeds are smooth.
- Add lemon and olive juices (if using), garlic and teaspoon of sea salt. In a slow, steady stream add grapeseed oil.
- Add nutritional yeast, horseradish and salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with the remaining 1 tablespoon sunflower and the hemp seeds. Drizzle with the grapeseed oil dressing and serve.