Why not get your day started right with this savory and subtly spicy dish? If you aren’t a fan of spicy flavors, a spoonful of sour cream on your plate will cool it down and add some extra fat to your meal.
CALORIES: 563 | FAT: 47.1 grams | PROTEIN: 18.4 grams | SODIUM: 877 milligrams | FIBER: 5.4 grams | CARBOHYDRATES: 10.2 grams | NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.8 grams | SUGAR: 2.4 grams
Excerpted from The I Love My Instant Pot® Keto Diet Recipe Book: From Poached Eggs to Quick Chicken Parmesan, 175 Fat-Burning Keto Recipes by Sam Dillard (HeyKetoMama) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Interior images by James Stefiuk.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Press the Sauté button and add coconut oil to Instant Pot®. Add onion, chilies, and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent and peppers begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes. While sautéing, whisk eggs, seasoning, heavy cream, and butter in large bowl. Pour into Instant Pot®–safe 7-inch round pan.
- Press the Cancel button. Add onion and pepper mixture to egg mixture. Mix in cheddar. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour water into Instant Pot®, and scrape bottom of pot if necessary to remove any stuck-on food. Place trivet into pot and put in baking dish with eggs on top. Click lid closed.
- Press the Manual button and set time for 25 minutes.
- While food is cooking, cut avocados in half, remove pit, scoop out of shell and slice thinly. When timer beeps, quick-release the pressure. Serve with avocado slices and a spoonful of sour cream.