SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE NUT BUTTER CUPS is excerpted from VEGAN RESET © 2018 by Best of Vegan LLC. Photography © 2018 by Best of Vegan LLC. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus a little more for sprinkling
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cashew butter
- 3 to 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 3 to 4 teaspoons almond butter
- To make the chocolate, mix together the coconut oil, cocoa butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt in a bowl using a whisk.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of the melted chocolate mix to each of 9 cupcake forms. Refrigerate or freeze for 10 minutes.
- Add a little more than 1 teaspoon nut butter to each form.
- Cover with more chocolate, sprinkle a little sea salt on top, and refrigerate or freeze for another 20 minutes before serving.