Skip to content
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 teaspoons patis liqueur (or another anise-flavored liqueur, such as Pernod or Sambuca)
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest (from about 1/2 orange)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- In a medium bowl, using a rubber spatula, mix together the butter, pastis, orange zest, salt, and white pepper until well combined.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to use, or freeze for up to 3 weeks.