Skip to content
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 finely chopped peeled onion
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 chopped-up boiled eggs
- Rinse 1 cup dried green lentils, pass through a colander and discard debris.
- In a medium pan, combine lentils with 2 cups of water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until lentils are cooked thoroughly. Strain.
- In a saucepan, warm the remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 finely chopped onion, 2 tsp. cumin, and a large pinch of salt.
- Sauté for about 8-10 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Stir in ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Mix and serve with 2 chopped-up boiled eggs (1 per person).