This recipe is adapted from The Goodness of Avocado: 40 Delicious Health-Boosting Recipes, by Lucy Jessop.
- 1 firm but ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Japanese- style panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, or vegetarian hard cheese
- Take three plates and place them next to each other. Put the flour, paprika or cayenne pepper, and salt onto the first place. Crack one egg onto the second plate and lightly whisk, then put the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and some seasoning onto the final plate and mix well.
- Take a slice of avocado and gently toss in the flour to coat, then dip in the beaten egg and finally turn in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Bake the crumbed avocado fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a preheated oven (425 F) for 10 minutes.