Skip to content
- One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled. (I chill mine overnight or for a few days.)
- Open the can of coconut milk upside down. Pour the water out into a bowl or cup to drink, or save for later use in a smoothie.
- Carefully scoop out the thick layer into a bowl or mixing bowl of a stand mixer. (Make sure you don't get liquid in the thick, solidified cream, or it will be difficult to whip and obtain soft peaks.)
- Turn your mixer or hand beater to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whip until it becomes light and fluffy with soft peaks. Mix in coconut sugar, vanilla, or cinnamon. Whip it some more until combined. Taste and adjust sweetness, vanilla, or cinnamon flavor.
- Serve with pancakes, waffles, hot chocolate or anything you want.