If you’ve been avoiding crackers because they’re heavy on carbs and light on nutrition, get the cheese ready.
These crackers bring protein, healthy fats and fiber from almond flour, flax meal, and extra-virgin olive oil, they taste fantastic thanks to a sprinkling of everything-bagel seasoning, and, best of all — they have a secret ingredient that can help boost your gut health: Youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder. This shelf-stable powder is the simplest, most convenient way we know of to get those all important probiotics.
Plus, you get bragging rights for making homemade crackers — no need to tell anyone how easy it was. Or you know what.Tell them! Maybe they’ll whip up a batch for you next time!
- 2 cups (224g) blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp (13g) flax meal
- 2 scoops (6.52g) Youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Everything Bagel spice mix
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, flax, probiotic powder and salt; stir until well mixed. In a small bowl, whisk oil, egg and water until blended. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until a dough forms. Knead a few times by hand to form a ball; flatten into a disk.
- Place dough disk between two sheets of parchment and roll to 1/16-inch thickness. Carefully remove top sheet of parchment and, using a knife or pizza cutter, cut crackers into desired size and shape. Slide parchment with dough onto a large baking sheet. Mist lightly with cooking spray, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and press lightly to adhere.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until crackers around the edges are golden. Turn oven off, open a crack (place a wooden spoon in the door to keep it open) and let crackers dry out, about 3 to 4 minutes longer. Let cool on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Break along cut lines and serve.