18 Delicious Recipes for the Perfect Outdoor Lunch
As the weather gets better and the world begins to open up, spending time outside is at the top of all of our minds. What a better way to make the most of a bright and sunny day than with a delicious and nutritious lunch on the lawn! Or the park bench! Or the beach. The point is, the perfect outdoor lunch is 100% achievable if you’re equipped with the right recipes.
You want dishes that can travel well, don’t need to be chilled or reheated, and won’t spoil if it takes you a while to find just the right spot for your dejeuner sur l’herbe. These recipes check all those boxes — and they’re filled with flavor and texture, making them a treat even if you’re stuck with lunch al desko.
Salads and Grain Bowls
The key to outdoor salads and grain bowls is using ingredients that won’t wilt or get soggy. We’ve got a few ideas. From Israeli couscous salad with raw and roasted cherry tomatoes to a crunchy-cabbage salad with Thai dressing and a tangy pasta salad with crispy salmon that could easily be dinner, prepare to drool.
- Mediterranean White Bean Salad from Salt & Lavender
- Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad from Love and Lemons
- Asian Cabbage Salad from Recipe Tin Eats
- Beetroot Salad (Poriyal) from Desi~licious RD
- Spicy Salmon Pasta Salad from Crumb Top Baking
- Vegan Poke Bowl from The Simple Veganista
Wraps, Rolls, and Sandwiches
Sandwiches are perfect outdoor lunch food for a reason: They’re super-portable, with no need for utensils, and clean-up is easy, too. Then there’s the fact that there’s just so many different directions you can take them. From gorgeous cheese and veggie sammies that scream summer to low-carb BLT wraps made with sturdy collard greens, here’s what you’ll find in our picnic baskets.
- Gluten-Free Falafels from From My Bowl
- Egg Wraps with Ham and Greens from The Kitchn
- BLT Wraps from Clean Foodie Cravings
- Marinated Veggie Cheese Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto from Half Baked Harvest
- Fresh Spring Rolls from Love & Lemons
- Quick Nori Rolls with Cucumber and Avocado from Chocolate and Zucchini
Snacks for Sharing
Sometimes you want more of a shareable spread situation. If that’s the case, allow us to suggest antipasto skewers and portable cheese boards, scones and hand pies, and some sweet treats, too.
- Antipasto Skewers from Baker By Nature
- Portable Cheese Boards from Kath Eats
- Gluten-Free Jamaican Lentil Patties from Healthier Steps
- Whole Wheat Spinach Cheddar Scones from Family Food On The Table
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies from Sam Schwab
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites from All the Healthy Things
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.