Cucumber Mega-List: 15 Super-Refreshing Recipes to Make ASAP
Cucumbers are one of the most underrated fruits, maybe because they’re often thought of as a vegetable? There are so many ways to enjoy crunchy, refreshing cukes and so many reasons you should. For starters, they’re 96% water, which makes them super-hydrating. They’re also low-calorie, low-carb, and a good source of nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, and potassium. Ready to get noshing? Here’s our mega-list of the coolest cucumber recipes to make this summer.
Snacks, Apps, and Sides
The easiest thing to do with ripe and juicy cucumbers? Cut them up into slices or chunks, sprinkle with salt, and serve. But, if you’re looking for something a bit more creative, we have a few ideas.
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizer from Simply Home-Cooked
- Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites from All Day I Dream About Food
- Low-Carb Pesto & Turkey Cucumber Roll-Ups from Ambitious Kitchen
- Cucumber Spears from Vegetarian India
- Quick Pickled Cucumbers from Bless This Mess
Salads may be cucumber’s regular day job but these flavor and texture-filled dishes are anything but basic. We think cukes pair especially well with Asian flavors, but they also do well with summer melons, like cantaloupe and watermelon, and summer veggies, like corn and tomatoes.
- Thai Cucumber Salad from Jo Cooks
- Miso Smashed Cucumber and Green Bean Salad from I Am a Food Blog
- Cucumber Salad from Chelsea Messy Apron
- Kachumber Salad from Swasthi’s Recipes
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad from This Healthy Table
Drinks & Desserts
Toss your cukes into your morning smoothie — why not? Or turn cucumber into a super-refreshing sorbet. Cucumber cocktails feel just right for summer happy hours.
- Agua De Pepino (Cucumber Agua Fresca) from Muy Delish
- Cucumber-Rose Aperol Spritz from A Spicy Perspective
- Cucumber Elderflower Gimlet from Cookie + Kate
- Creamy Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie from Minimalist Baker
- Cucumber Sorbet from The Little Epicurean