Only Have 5 Minutes for Breakfast? Here’s What to Eat
Are your mornings as hectic as ours? We bet they are — and since you can’t decide to not get dressed or brush your teeth, often when something has to go, it’s breakfast.
But no more — we’ve gathered up some ideas for nourishing a.m. meals that you can have in 5 minutes flat.
Prep ahead: Make these over the weekend and feel like a breakfast ninja all week
- Hard-cooked eggs: Make a dozen; here’s how. If you feel fancy, turn them into deviled eggs — they make a fun breakfast, and you can get in some extra nutrition by adding fresh herbs.
- Baked oatmeal: If you like cereal or oatmeal in the morning, this is a great way to have a heartier version, and fast. Enjoy it cold, or give it a quick zap in the microwave to warm. Switch up the fruit to use what’s in season. In the summer go with stone fruits like plums and peaches or try it with chopped apples, dried cherries in the fall.
- Chia pudding: Who doesn’t love a creamy sweet treat for breakfast? Especially if it’s loaded with healthy fats, fiber, calcium and other minerals. Five minutes of prep on Sunday and you’re good to go all week. Mix up toppings to keep it from getting boring.
Make on the fly: Whip these up in seconds, even on your busiest days
- Smoothies: No need to overthink this. Toss half of a banana, a handful of frozen berries, a handful of frozen spinach, a spoonful of coconut oil and some almond milk or iced green tea in the blender, blend and go.
- Leftovers: Who says you have to eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning? Give last night’s chicken stir fry or salmon and vegetables a quick hit in the microwave or a hot pan and dig in.
- Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake: Chocolate for breakfast? Oh yeah! Especially when it’s grain- and refined-sugar free and ready to eat in less than 5 minutes.
Hungry for More?
- 5 Grab-and-Go Breakfasts to Streamline Your Morning
- 7 Make-Ahead Ideas for A Healthy Breakfast
- 9 Expert Morning Tips for All-Day Energy
Learn How To Meal Prep & Batch Cook With Us! Discover a simple strategy for meal prep that will show you how to cook once, with just a few simple ingredients in your pantry, and have a variety of healthy, delicious meals for days. Click Here to Register!
Good food brings people together. So do good emails.