Drink this right away over ice or warm it in a pot over low heat and froth with a hand frother or whisk for a comforting, warm version. Top it with turmeric, spirulina or beetroot powder for a rainbow effect!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out (or 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla bean extract)
- 2 ounces cold-pressed ginger
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon spirulina extract
- 1 tablespoon maca root powder
- Organic sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, grind cashews until they reach a fine powder. Depending on the speed of your blender or processor, this should take 3 to 5 minutes. Just make sure you stop before a paste forms.
- Add the water, dates, vanilla, ginger, lemon, spirulina, and maca and blend for 60 more seconds. Top with organic sprinkles, if you wish.