Perfect Plates, by John Whaite, Published by Kyle Books
Photography by Helen Cathcart
- 150g tahini
- 80g runny honey
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- About 24 small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Sea salt flakes
- Coarse black pepper
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan/gas mark 7.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tahini and honey with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Remove the skin from the chicken drumsticks and slash each one three times.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade and coat them well.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to roast.
- Slice the potatoes in half, though leave any particularly tiny ones whole, and tip into a large roasting tray. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and the paprika, toss together until the potatoes are well coated and roast for 20 minutes.
- After this time, lay the drumsticks on top of the potatoes and roast for a further 25–30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade is crispy.