These peppers are super easy to make, and are done in a fraction of the time it takes to cook traditional stuffed peppers. You certainly won’t miss the rice in this recipe, especially once you add your favorite toppings. This is a meal you can get on the table in under 30 minutes—and the whole family will enjoy.
CALORIES: 139 | FAT: 5.8 grams | PROTEIN: 12.8 grams | SODIUM: 467 milligrams | FIBER: 2.6 grams | CARBOHYDRATES: 7.1 grams | NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.5 grams | SUGAR: 3.5 grams
Excerpted from The I Love My Instant Pot® Keto Diet Recipe Book: From Poached Eggs to Quick Chicken Parmesan, 175 Fat-Burning Keto Recipes by Sam Dillard (HeyKetoMama) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Interior images by James Stefiuk.
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 green bell peppers cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- Toppings such as salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, and so on (not included in nutritional analysis)
- Press the Sauté button and place ground beef into Instant Pot®. Break into small pieces and cook until beef is no longer pink. Carefully drain grease if there is excess fat.
- Replace pot and add tomatoes and chilies, onion, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Mix ingredients until fully combined. Spoon mixture into pepper halves and rinse pot with water.
- Replace pot and add water. Place steamer basket into pot and carefully add pepper halves. Click lid closed. Press the Manual button and adjust timer for 4 minutes.
- When timer beeps, quick-release the pressure and add favorite toppings to serve.