Recipe courtesy of culinary expert and healthy living blogger Jessica Fishman Levinson, R.D., of Nutritioulicious.
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon seeded chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- A quarter of a lime
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Grated gruyere cheese
- Into mashed sweet potatoes, add 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 tablespoon seeded chopped jalapeno, 1 teaspoon cumin, and the juice from a quarter of a lime.
- Spread onto bread.
- Brown 1 tablespoon chopped onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup black beans, 1/2 cup baby spinach and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and sauté until spinach wilts.
- Spoon on top of sweet potatoes, top with grated gruyere cheese and broil until cheese melts and bread toasts, about 5 minutes.