Skip to content
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean
- 5 tablespoons good-quality cocoa powder
- 60 ml/¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- Sprinkle of flaky sea salt, to serve
- 2 small sterilized jars or glasses (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
- Poke the sweet potato with a fork a few times, place on the oven rack, and bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until it's soft when you squeeze it.
- Remove from the oven and allow the sweet potato to cool in the foil. Once cool, peel the skin off (it should come off easily now).
- Put the sweet potato flesh into a medium-sized bowl and mash roughly with a fork to break it up.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (apart from the sea salt to serve) using a wooden spoon or a hand-held electric whisk, until smooth. For the fluffiest, best results, use a hand-held electric whisk.
- Portion into small jars or glasses and place in the fridge for at least an hour overnight. Sprinkle the mousses with flaky sea salt when you are ready to serve.