Skip to content
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup organic almond milk
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons or 2 small squares of vegan dark chocolate
- A dollop of Coconut Whipped Cream, optional
- Make the Coconut Whipped Cream first, if using.
- In a small saucepot, add the cinnamon, turmeric, cacao powder, coconut sugar, cardamom, cayenne pepper and vanilla. Slowly add the milk while whisking until there are no longer any lumps.
- Place the pot on medium heat, bringing the milk to a boil, and stirring occasionally.
- Once milk boils for 1 minute, turn off the heat and add the pieces of dark chocolate. Quickly whisk until the dark chocolate is melted and dissolved in the milk.
- Add cayenne pepper and whisk. Taste and season to taste. Add more coconut sugar if you’d like more sweetness, more cayenne for more heat, or more cinnamon for more warmth.
- Pour into your favorite mug. Top with the Coconut Whipped Cream and shredded chocolate and cinnamon, if you wish.