Skip to content
- 1/2 daikon root peeled, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 burdock root, peeled, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small piece ginger root, sliced or grated
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce), more to taste
- 5 medium shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful kale
- scallion, sesame seeds, kimchi to garnish
- Place roots, carrot, ginger, water and tamari in a shallow pan. Cover and let simmer on low heat until roots are tender (5-7 minutes).
- Add shiitakes, cover and simmer for a couple more minutes, then add kale on top. Cover for one more minute and turn off heat so kale becomes tender but not soft.
- Serve in a bowl, garnished with sliced scallions, sesame seeds, and kimchi if you like spice.
- Goes great with brown rice.