You can do step two ahead of time and make a whole batch for the week, then reheat them in the microwave or oven right before serving.
- 1 small sweet potato, scrubbed clean and poked with a fork a couple of times
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or dash of hot sauce, plus extra to serve
- Olive oil
- 40 g/¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fried or poached egg, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the sweet potato on the oven rack and bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, until soft to the touch. Allow to cool a little.
- In a bowl, roughly mash the avocado flesh with the cilantro, a little salt and red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Slice the warm potato open lengthwise and lightly mash flesh with a fork.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil, the mashed avocado and black beans. Serve with extra hot sauce and/or a fried or poached egg, if desired.