Reprinted from Naturally Nourished: Healthy, Delicious Meals Made with Everyday Ingredients. Copyright © 2017 by Sarah Britton. Photographs copyright © 2017 by Sarah Britton. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
- 2 tablespoons raw, unsalted sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- Flesh of 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more as desired
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- Fine sea salt
- ½ packed cup / 20g fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ sheet of nori, sliced into very thin strips (optional)
- Preheat a dry skillet over medium heat. When hot, toast the sesame seeds, stirring often, until they are fragrant and beginning to pop, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until minced.
- Add the avocados, lime juice, tahini, maple syrup, salt, and cilantro. Purée until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Fold in half of the sesame seeds and, if desired, the nori.
- Spread the dip out on a large plate. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and, if desired, more nori strips. Serve immediately.