Peas and tarragon make a great combination, the aniseed flavour of the tarragon enhancing the
sweetness of the peas. Teamed with softly fried leeks, they make an indulgent omelette for weekend breakfasts.
From Detox Kitchen Vegetables by Lily Simpson. Used by permission of Bloomsbury Publishing. Photography © Issy Croker.
- 1 tsp rapeseed (or canola) oil
- 1 medium leek, finely sliced
- 150g shelled fresh peas (or thawed frozen peas)
- A few fresh tarragon sprigs
- 4 eggs
- 50ml water
- Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leek and cook on a low heat until soft but not browned. Add the peas and tarragon and cook for a few more minutes until the peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the water and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan. Once browned on the base, fold the omelette in half and cook for a few more minutes until cooked throughout. Slide out of the pan to serve.