Newbie Portland, Oregon bar Palomar celebrates the flavors of Cuba via a bevy of daiquiri-dedicated riffs, as well as a number of rum-based drinks. Below, owner and bartender Ricky Gomez shares his take on the classic Piña Colada.
- 2 ounces rum (preferably an aged Puerto Rican rum)
- 1 ½ ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ½ ounces canned coconut cream
- 2 frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glass and garnish with pineapple leaves and a pineapple wedge, if desired.