Recipe reprinted with permission from Bowls of Goodness by Nina Olsson, photography by Nina Olsson. Published by Kyle Books.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- 1 medium cauliflower, florets separated
- 2 red onions, cut in wedges
- 8 carrots, shaved into thin bands
- 4 avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup toasted almonds
- Orange Tahini Dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- To Serve
- Sesame seeds
- Moroccan mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Blend the dressing ingredients into a smooth sauce, adding small amounts of water while blending until it is at your desired consistency. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the lined baking sheet. Mix the olive oil with the harissa and pour over the cauliflower, making sure they are well coated. Sprinkle with salt and roast with the red onion wedges for 35 to 40 minutes. Toss cauliflower and onion wedges after 20 minutes. Once tender, remove from the oven.
- Mix the roasted veggies with the carrot, avocado, raisins, and almonds. Top with sesame seeds and mint leaves. Serve with the tahini dressing.