Gaby Mlynarczyk helms the bar at L.A.’s internationally inspired bar Accomplice, blending beverages with ingredients like Japanese yuzu and smoky Mexican mezcal. The author of cocktail book Clean and Dirty Drinking shared her antioxidant-packed green drink that tastes of the tropics.
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 2 ounces white rum or coconut rum
- 1 ½ ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender, combine the basil, rum, lime juice, coconut oil, honey, matcha, and ice. Blend for about 10 seconds on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a large chilled glass. Garnish with a basil sprig or flower, if desired.