These moist and chocolaty muffins will leave you feeling guilt-free. Blend, pour, and bake for an easy road to chocolate protein.
Reproduced by permission of The Countryman Press. All rights reserved.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raw shelled hempseed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a twelve-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender except the chocolate chips and the hempseed. Blend until the mixture is as smooth as possible. Add the chocolate chips and hempseed and blend 5 seconds or until dispersed.
- Pour into the muffin cups, filling at least three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, and then move the paper cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze up to 6 months.