Skip to content
- 1 ½ cups (120 g) hazelnuts or almonds, crushed
- 1 cup (200 g) canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups (360 g) cooked kidney or pinto beans
- 2 cups (240 g) breadcrumbs, plus extra as needed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced onion, dill pickles, condiments, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using a food processor or high-speed blender, process all ingredients (except buns and garnishes) into a smooth purée.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form each into a patty. If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs. Transfer patties to a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, until well cooked.
- Split the burger buns. Make a bed of salad leaves and tomato slices on bottom half of each bun, then place a burger on top. Top burgers with your favorite condiments and cover with the top of the bun.