Skip to content
- 1 medium jalapeno, stem removed, chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves optional
- 6 to 8 large basil leaves
- 4 scallions, ends trimmed
- ½ seedless cucumber
- 1 large avocado, pitted, quartered
- 1 small, tart green apple, cored, chopped
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 to 2 large pinches fine sea salt
- Ice cubes, optional
- Sunflower sprouts, olive oil, thinly sliced radish, smoked salmon or trout, for garnish, optional
- Place jalapeno, cilantro, basil, scallions, cucumber, avocado, apple, water, lime juice, oil and salt in a high-powered blender; puree until smooth.
- If serving immediately, toss in a few ice cubes and blend again.
- Taste and season with additional salt or lime juice, if desired.
- For best results, transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide among 4 bowls and top with any garnishes.