To make this recipe raw, don’t toast the nuts.
Green Apple Carpaccio with Goat Cheese and Arugula
- ¼ cup/60 mL organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 small tart green apples, such as Granny Smith or Pippin
- 3 cups/40 g loosely packed arugula leaves
- ½ cup/60 g crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup/30 g thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the apples crosswise (through the core) into thin slices, discarding the seeds—each slice should be one round cross-section of the apple. Arrange the apple slices on plates or a platter and drizzle with about half of the dressing.
- Add the arugula to the bowl with remaining dressing and toss. Arrange the arugula on top of the apples, top with goat cheese (if using), red onion, and hazelnuts, and serve.