Recipe taken from Bowls of Goodness by Nina Olsson, photography by Nina Olsson. Published by Kyle Books.
Creamy Avocado, Walnut and Spelt Rigatoni (Wholegrain Pasta with No-Fuss Dairy-Free Pasta Sauce)
- 12oz. whole-grain spelt rigatoni or your choice of pasta
- 3 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups walnuts
- ½ leek, white part only, trimmed and sliced in thin rounds
- 2 handfuls of parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Place the avocado in a mixer and blend with the garlic, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rigatoni and top with walnuts, leek, and parsley.